I’ve been working on updating this site for a while and finally have it mostly finished. It shouldn’t look too much different but it will be easier for me to maintain.
I continued deburring the holes in the leading edge wing skins. After finishing the deburring I took a look at my large drill press in order to figure out what is required to get it ready to drill the large holes in the wing spars.
Today I purchased a couple of lengths of 3/8" x 2-1/2" cold finished flat bar from the Metal Supermarket. I had one piece cut to 15" long and I had one piece 30" long. From the 30" long piece I cut a 2-1/2" long piece. Next I ground a 10 degree angle along one edge. I finished the edge with a file and then put a 1/8" radius on the edge. The 3/8" clamp bar replaces the 1/2" that came with the brake. This allows me to form tighter bends when they are in the same direction as required for the elevator ribs. I also made sure that I radius the top edge so that it would not dig into the first flange when forming two tight 90 degree flanges.
Over the last few days I have continued deburring the Wing Ribs. I got to the point where I had 10 left to deburr. At this point I decided I needed to make the -01 through -05 wing ribs. I marked each according to the plans. Drilled a new 1/4" relief hole and then made the extra cutout using the Andy Snips. I now have 10 ribs ready to be deburred.
Today I purchase a 30" bending brake. The local Princess Auto store has these for $79.00 dollars (Canadian). I picked this one up in Hamilton, Ontario. It looks pretty sturdy and should do the job for all of the small parts. I plan on purchasing the pre-bent metal kit so I only need the brake for small parts. It was made in China but the quality is reasonable.